Women’S I Licked It So It’S Mine shirt

Buyi t: Women’S I Licked It So It’S Mine shirt

Women'S I Licked It So It'S Mine shirt

These poems and the introduction to each poem are more little packets of history than anything. Introduced me to many historical figures and some modern ones, all black women (per the title). Definitely worth reading though less for the  Women’S I Licked It So It’S Mine shirt than the history imparted. This is history told through poetry. It is a history of the incarceration of African America Women throughout the decades. Whether that be through slavery, Jim Crow crow, the policing of women’s bodies/decisions, or through marriage this collection highlights all the ways Black Women have been oppressed. Starting with the preface, this collection packs an emotional punch. Hill presents passionate odes to various black women bound by race, gender, time and circumstance. It is a recounting of all the ways America as oppressed and failed black women. While also shouting out the strength and bravery of these women to keep fighting for themselves and others. Each poem is prefaced with a picture and mini biography which adds to the understanding and impact of the poem. Each poem left me wanting more, they left me wanting to learn about these brave, strong women who endured so much and fought for their freedom. 

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Joker Driving Jeep shirt

50th anniversary Judas Priest 1969 2019 shirt

Blue Dragon I am currently unsupervised but the possibilities are endless shirt